Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 11 - Exchange Week!

Things have been going really well here in Vuna!!! We had another exchange this week. It was me and the brand new elder, Elder Jonutz from California, in Vuna. Elder Noble had to help Elder Barnaby open up Qeleni so that new missionary's can come in next transfer and have something to work off of. It's crazy that they are trying to run 2 area's at the same time!!! But Elder Barnaby is the man so they can do it. 

Well our exchange was good. I was really nervous because I would be leading everything because Elder Jonutz is fresh out of the MTC. But it turned out to be a great experience. My Fijian and my love for the people grew so much in the 3 days I was with him. By the end I was confident to walk up to someone and talk to them. Maybe I wouldn't understand all of what they said but I can get a lot. We gave out a baptismal date to one of our investigators and she accepted. So hopefully we have another baptism at the end of this month if everything goes according to plan!!!! I hope it does. 


Elder Noble is going to leave this next transfer and it would be good to send him off with a baptism. Me and Elder Jonutz worked really well together. When i would be stumped to say something he would jump in and say like 3 lines but it was enough for me to get back on track and keep the lesson going. It was a very humbling experience. 

So we had the funniest Ward baptism this week. The guy baptizing said the prayer right and everything but then he went to put her under the water and she fought back and wouldn't go under. She wanted to do it herself!!! After about 6 minutes of her fighting and the whole crowd yelling encouragement, the boy baptizing finally just picked her up and they both dove into the water!!! The branch president said it was the funniest baptism he had ever seen, and it was his grand daughter!!! It showed me that Heavenly father does have a sense of humor about some things :)   

For the question of how do we watch conference, I really don't know!! I think we wait for the recordings, then we get a generator and a tv and watch a couple sessions and then just read the rest in the Ensign. 

Well we have some meetings in Labasa this week. We are in Savusavu right now emailing and then tonight we will finish the travels to Labasa. Sounds like everyone is doing good!! I'm happy to hear about the new apostles!!! I can't wait to hear what they said and what else our apostles have to say. Love you all and hope that all goes well this week!!!



Us on the boat this morning headed to Vanua Levu.


Our chapel finally got a sign!!

No comments:

Post a Comment