Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 8 - The Pre-Zone Conference Week

This week I kinda led my area. My comp is the DL so he goes on a lot of exchanges. So, I was with two other elders all week. First, the Zone Leaders came in and I went with Elder Condie. We had a lot of fun! He is way cool, he just hit his year mark and he is a zone leader and he is a really good missionary. Elder Condie is from American Fork. He told me a bunch of stories of him just starting his mission and how bad he was with the language etc. and it made me feel better because I was getting down on myself about the language. 

Then one of the elders from Somosomo came down for 2 and a half days. His name is Elder Sarufa. He is from Papa New Guinea and just finished training. So he knows Fijian but he is still learning quite a bit. So I thought we would struggle. We ended up with 5 new investigators, and two of them have a solid baptism date for the 26th!!! They have been coming to church for two weeks and we didn't know!!! They had been going to the group in Navakawau. Their grandma said they want to be baptized and so we have been teaching them and they are awesome!!!! The best I've met so far. So out of all of that craziness we got 21 lessons and 1 saint!!! (a saint is a baptism or a less active that comes to church 3 times and gets a calling) So I am way happy! 

We leave to go to Vanua Levu tomorrow, the big island next to Taveuni, for Zone Conference, I am so excited!! 

Back home it sounds like its a lot of fun and a lot of crazy also different teams playing and people doing really well at sports!!!

I miss and love you all!!!!
Moce,
Elda Brown


Elder Sarufa from PNG


something we eat at the Alafi's, the white stuff is cassava, its a root or Fiji's potato and the soup was like chicken noodle except the bones were still in the chicken and the leaves are dalo leaves


the sele pic I promised!! sele=machete

No comments:

Post a Comment